Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

I've Gotten Chubby (On The Inside)

Welp. I'm taking a trip. I've got it all planned out. The past few months, I've felt really good about this plan. I've felt in control. Accomplished. Like I'm headed somewhere.
I'm currently experiencing that phase of 'planning' when the plans actually start materializing, and all of that control, accomplishment and good direction crap gets thrown out the window. I don't leave for another three months, but...I'm kind of starting to freak out.

My current plan is (give or take a few cities):
Lausanne, Switzerland
to
Athens, Greece
to
Rome, Italy
to
Cairo, Egypt
to
Jerusalem, Israel
to
Tarsus, Turkey
to
Cork, Ireland.

GEEZE

I'm terrified. So many what ifs. But...I won't lie. I'm not scared enough to wimp out. I'm ready to get out of this rock I've been living under for the past few months.  I live a very narrow existence right now, working at a craft store in a Missouri 'burb, saving money. In 76 days, I'm going to be throwing myself into something big. Bigger than picture frames and glitter paint and crappy home decor. Thank God. Honestly. My soul feels like it needs exercise. Like it's been under-challenged working a minimum wage job, but also like it's been overfed during my downtime with thinking, analyzing and introspection. It has all the symptoms of the body of an obese person: tired, achey, difficult to motivate, always hungry for more than what it's being fed. It just needs to go for a jog, and get reminded that there is much more happening in the world. So many people, so much history, so much culture! So much new GOD STUFF to experience. I'm missing out on it. Gross. Time to get all Jillian Michaels on the ass of my soul. So, Soul--quit whining, quit being afraid of stupid crap, quit making excuses, quit enabling yourself to live small. LET'S GET RIPPED.

3 comments:

eap said...

Becky! This resonates with me!

Arielle Christine said...

oh how I love you!!! And I also am oh so jealous D: Let's wake up our souls!!! yeah yeah yeah

Becky Sanders said...

I love you girls. A LOAT.
Fond.